wedded bliss

when all’s said and done
while i’m having fun
you’re swanning around like a dork
when push comes to shove
forget about love
we’re different as cheese and chalk

but carrying on
’cause once it’s begun
the worst thing you can do is quit
i struggle to aim
get back in the game
but somehow it’s never a hit

if only you knew
what it is that you do
that fills me with anger and dread
but alas it appears
despite all my fears
our marriage is going ahead

/  September 26, 2011

There has never been a poem written, that was not improved by the inclusion of the word “DORK”!!! I love it!

BTW, What did you say to wordpress to make them let me back on? :-)) I actually have a great deal of trouble with wordpress in all of it’s websites. The address just stalls and I sit there, watching the reload arrow spin and nohing happens.

• It is the first time I have ever written “dork”, let alone in a poem. However, having come up with both the line and the rhyme, I was determined to keep it in, and the rest of the poem had to be built around it. 😀
      As for WierdPretzel, I have no control over it, but they seem to have been doing a little rearrangement of the layout recently and most organizations are going to concentrate their initial efforts on IE, Firefox and Chrome as they hold, by far, the lion’s share of the browser market with Safari and Opera trailing far behind. Still I hope they’ve got their act together now. 🙂

/  September 26, 2011

The notification emayo that comes when there is a comment on your blog is completely different now. I have also been having trouble signing up for each new entry. It has been stalling so I can’t tell if I am registered or not so I have to sign up several times but eventualy it takes. After this morning, it suddenly started workng very well so, fingers crossed, it’s going to work now.

This is my first MAC and it comes with Safari so that’s what I have been using. I’m not totally thrilled with it but it has been more dependable than firefox was on my PC. That crashed so many times I gave up after a while and used IE.

I think you need to write a poem and use the word “Kerfuffle” (British spelling). One of the nicest sounding words in the English language! :-)) I think it’s an onomatopoeia. If it’s not, it should be!
    🙂

• Hopefully WP will continue to function properly now 🙂

I’ve no idea what it’s like on a Mac but Firefoxes stability on Windows improved enormously a couple of iterations back (I think they split some functions so a failure of one wouldn’t take the whole browser down) at least Ihaven’t had any problems with crashes for a while, and FF is my browser of choice.

I make no promises but I’ll try to use “kerfuffle” sometime soon 😀

/  September 26, 2011

I have no idea if you can even use any other browser other than Safari on a MAC. It comes with it pre-installed and I’m good with PC’s but a real novice with MACs so I just did what they said. It’s been working “ok” but it seems to get overwhlemed if you have too many windows open and then it gives me this digitalized (lots of squares in different colors) version of whatever web page I am looking at. It’s like it hiccups then reverts to normal. I love the fact that with the MAC there is are programs to open. They are just all “there”. You turn it on and VOILA! you are on! I’m also left handed and all of the scrolling and minimizing/maximizing, etc can be done with either hand just as well. I sound like a TV ad!

I hope you can use kerfuffle!! *snuffle* :-))))

• I know FF do a version for Mac and another for Linux ( http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html ), I’ve no idea how good they are. IE came preinstalled on my computer (before the European Union rules came in forcing them to offer other browsers as well) and knowing nothing about modern computers, and having nobody to ask obviously, it took me a while to work out there were other browsers and I was free to use that which I chose. 😀

ruffle, truffle, shuffle, muffle 😆

• catmadinwestyorkshire

/  September 27, 2011

I use Firefox for Linux, and it is fine…my hubcat prefers Chrome, tho…

• I have the latest Chrome on my machine but am happiest with FF, I love it’s customizability. 🙂

/  September 27, 2011

I’ve been reading a few tech sites and this is what I got off of MACUpdate (which is, of course, an apple website so its not going to be totally objective) but they list al the different browsers and how you can download them to your MAC and then they rate them. They also start out with this statement:

“Safari is the most popular Macintosh web browser. Experience the web, Apple style, with Safari: the fastest, easiest-to-use web browser in the world. With its simple, elegant interface, Safari gets out of your way and lets you enjoy the web up to 4 times faster than Internet Explorer 7 and 2 times faster than Firefox”

It also posts user ratings based on their experience with MAC, with an average rating out of a hundred:
        Chrome 84, FF 70, Camino 41, Opera 27.

Now I am assuming that this site will have more posts that are positive about any proprietary Apple software so I have to snoop on other sites that are more objective.

CatMad-I’ve never used Chrome. What does the hubcat like about it?

/  September 27, 2011

sunovawot-I just realized you said you have chrome too. What do you like/dislike about it? tt evidently works better on a MAC than FF (but that is only accroding to the Apple site)

• I keep reading panegyrics about Chrome from many and various bloggers and tech sites so every now and then I give it a run out. It’s quick and clean but I still prefer my FF setup with all my add-on customization.

/  September 26, 2011

What a great link!! I just bookmarked it! I have to look and see if I can download FF to the MAC. THANK YOU!! You are a great resource!!

When you buy a PC (in the US) they all come with IE pre-installed but they offer you other browsers that they will install for you as well. You can also go on to so many browser sites and download directly fro here.

scuffle, duffel, reshuffle, buffal-O LOLOLOLO

• What used to happen (and was still happening when I got my computer) was IE came bundled on Windows machines, but now, I gather, the EU trade people said that was unfair on Microsoft’s competitors and new Windows machines must offer several different browsers, with IE getting no special preference. (I haven’t seen this ’cause there’s no way I can afford a new computer,so this is what I read).

huffle 😛

/  September 27, 2011

I felt alseep, naturally, waiting for you to write back BUTT (!) I awoke with a present for you:

For sunovawot

the gamblers were tense as they drew their cards
    nervous crowds began to shuffle
    the man with the gun, took all that he won
    and stuffed it deep in his duffel

bar doors flew wide, the sheriff came inside
    the wind had made his hair ruffle
    no game will be played till I have been paid
    then grabbed the cards to reshuffle

this isn’t fair, a voice shouts in the air
    that’s when they began to scuffle
    women were running, hands over their ears
    sounds of the fight it did muffle

the bartender laughed and opened a tray
    into his mouth popped a truffle
    it’s like this every night, he starts a fight
    then it becomes a kerfuffle

*gigglegigglegiggle* :-)))

/  September 27, 2011

APPLOLSAUCE!!!

Ai wuz gawna naem it “Fur Sunovawuffle” :-))))

/  September 27, 2011

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!

8. You two are a pair to draw to! lol! Are you guys related?

/  October 17, 2011