bookworms

at The Christmas Truce

walk with Stephen King
down the long Green Mile
don’t forget Garfield
sure to make you smile

any bookshop is
filled with dreams and more
vilest of villains
heroes by the score

animals that talk
lands you’ll never see
truths you never knew
to set your mind free

every kind of fact
you could ever need
all you have to do
is learn how to read

If any reader would like to add a verse about their favourite book(s) please do so in the comments!

/  October 12, 2011

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I hope people add verses about all the books that have taken them places, taught them things, and helped them dream! :-))))

/  October 12, 2011

OOOPs..I spelled *compromise* wrong! Fix me pleeze! πŸ™‚

/  October 12, 2011

Hey, I’m the typo Queen!! At least one typo per contribution, guaranteed! :-))) 😎

4. Gosh… you just about covered every book I’ve every loved… but challenge accepted! here’s my try πŸ™‚

learn healing plants
    and working with flint
    go back to ancestral
    spirits again

5. forgot to check the follow-up box 😳 πŸ™‚
    but maybe another try if I may?

dance on the doorsteps
    of grand cathedrals
    climb the highest peaks
    in Tibet and Nepal

• My knowledge of herbalism and flint work extends to willow bark and the word “knapping”, but I have “seen” the light of other suns, and “climbed” mountains that would dwarf Everest. The beauty of the written word cannot be overstated. Thank you for the verses, it is a pleasure to hear your voice. πŸ˜€

• You are most welcome. I must say, I’m enjoying your posts very much even if a wee bit shy about speaking up, so I am. ‘Tis a grand poet you are! so pleased to say hello to a fellow bookworm, too. πŸ™‚

• I have been a reader since, literally, before I can remember. And it’s not that long since I first “spoke” myself. It is still sometimes hard to press to post unless what I am posting is totally innocuous or non-personal like a plain “thank you”. However you are always free to comment or question here. πŸ˜€

/  October 12, 2011

*dancing on the doorsteps of grand cathedrals*..what beautiful imagery!!! πŸ™‚

• *blush* thanks, damommza. πŸ™‚

/  October 12, 2011

It really IS a beautiful image and I can see it in my mind’s eye! I’m glad you overcame your shyness and posted and I look forward to reading more postings from you! πŸ™‚

7. To watch Arturo ride
    his flying horse with ease.
    over landscape you could never imagine
    in you wildest dreams.
    Keep your imagination tireless
    or you’ll be consumed by nothingness!

• Got me! I don’t recognise the book, but it sounds fascinating! πŸ˜€ And thank you for adding a verse, it is always nice to hear a new voice. πŸ˜€

• Didn’t you ever see/read “The Neverending Story”? Some would classify it as a kid story but I love it. Need to see it again to refresh my memory; (just like the Hobbit trilogy we were talking about the other day).

• I saw the film years ago, and the book has been somewhere in my TBR pile for nearly as long. And, with regard to ages books are aimed at, I was in my thirties before I ever read Wizard of Oz. πŸ˜† BTW I didn’t recognise you as a cheezfrend, you’re in a different outfit, today. πŸ™‚

• You’re so funny (different outfit…). Must be the long pants I’m wearing (cold front hit last night). In Cheezland I’m Txgurl = dlemons. Does that look more familiar? If you’re ever renting a DVD or something, check on this one. It’s well worth the “watch”.

• It’s turned chilly in the UK too. I recognise “dlemons” obviously, and have seen “txgurl” in the LOL comments, though I had no reason to connect them, and here a third persona. I think it’s interesting, I use “sunovawot” as my public face, and do have other faces, but for me they are all efforts to hide, to one degree or another. πŸ™‚ I will have to have a look for Neverending Story to add to my ToBeWatched pile, which is not far behind my TBR pile. πŸ˜€

8. romeojosiemom

/  October 20, 2011

love this, it really speaks to me!