silence

by damommza & sunovawot

there is nothing louder than silence
it screams of bitterness and pain
when you left, I nearly died, when?
when will I hear you again?

I feel the wind but it makes no sound
just mournful pressure on my face
the phone is silent, I just stare
the”not ringing” fills my space

the blinding shrill of a car alarm
doesn’t penetrate my sorrow
all I hear is your angry tone
will you be back tomorrow?

I call your phone just to hear your words
try hard to speak yet make no sound
fill your voice mail with quiet sobs
will my words ever be found

I hear your voice but it is a lie
something that I just conjured up
the “we” that was is there no more
what price now our loving cup

and silence once again devours all
can I pretend that there is more
you took my voice, my heart with you
when you chose to close that door

this silent bubble must one day burst
one day I’ll waken from this dream
and face the future all alone
then perhaps you’ll hear me scream

/  November 9, 2011

Best last line in the history of poems. All I can say is..we write them..but you make them! 😀 😀 😀

2. I think “Best” might be a touch exaggerated, but I like it anyway. And “our” poems are OURS, not mine or yours 😀 😎

3. I cried. :’)

• *hands villow a shamwow*

btw, I googled it, too and my mouth flew open, I sucked in my breath and then the biggest smile came across my face. Wish there was a way for me to get your autographs now before you get too famous! Also, love this poem and it does put one’s feelings on a roller coaster ride. Can’t help but feel the sting of tears. Thank you, both (again)

/  November 9, 2011

No matter how famous we get, we will never forget our fans.. *snerk* 😀 Thank you txgurgurl! We hand out a free shamwow with every poem. 😀 😀

• Thank you, I’m glad you like it, and don’t believe damommza, as soon as I’m famous, I’m out of here 😆

/  November 9, 2011

AAW!!! Thank you Villow!! I still say they are “ours” but sunovawot makes them with his last lines. Yes, it’s the best line in the history of poems. Google it. Would I lie? 😉

5. romeojosiemom

/  November 9, 2011

very sad and haunting! love it, ‘tho

• Thank you, it is always good to know when a poem manages to engender an emotional response in a reader 🙂

/  November 9, 2011

As sunovawot said, it’s very gratifying when a reader really feels the emotion that the poem is expressing. I’m so glad you liked it! 🙂

6. Jill Mentoss

/  November 10, 2011

Great stuff!, Really well done!

I work for a few publishing houses (http://www.goldenquillpress.com/ and http://www.factoryschool.com/meowpress/about.html) and would like your permission to show your work (sunovawot & damommza) to a few colleagues/friends in the industry?
    Which one of you usually start the poem? Do you take turns, how exactly does it work?

JM

• I’m afraid we have no great interest in vanity, or, at least at the moment, any other form of publishing.

/  November 10, 2011

Thank you for your interest Jill, but as sunovawot has said, we have no interest at this time. 🙂

7. Jill Mentoss

/  November 10, 2011

Hi,

Please be assured, that I was not offering you a chance of being published. lol
    I am sorry if that was your take-away. I am an accountant (who loves poetry), who just happens to have clients in the publishing field.

I was just trying to tell you, that I really enjoy your unique style of collaboration on your poetry.
    It really is special!

I was only offering to show some of your interesting work, to experienced editors and some very talented, accomplished poets.
    There was no implied offer of publication;

Some authors enjoy having their poems read and critiqued by their peers, I had no other agenda.

I wish you continued success and much enjoyment from your poetry.

JM

• I apologise if I took the wrong impression, but when you mention specific organisations, as you did, just what impression are you trying to give. 😀