stupid

I’m tired of shucking shibboleths
my messianic zeal
hightailed it for the city
in search of something real
and many of my passing jests
were taken out of turn
the worlds that we were building
will crash and maybe burn
and all those crazy promises
you made when we were new
were broken in a moment
that came from out the blue
so I’ll sit and eat those wasted words
as the timeless moments pass
then kiss you off politely
and kick your stupid ass

/  January 30, 2013

I just came back from the city where there were more shibboleths and ironic hipster eyewear than you can possbily imagine..and there were a lot of stupid asses that I was considering kicking! *applolsaws* πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• Yes, some people could do with a good kick up the proverbial! (Looks quickly behind to be sure πŸ™„ )

• There may be all sorts and manners of shortages in this world, but never ever, ’til humankind is just a memory, will there be a shortage of stupid asses πŸ˜€ Luckily none of them ever visit my blog πŸ˜†

• And I live in the big bad city, so I can’t be the protagonist πŸ˜€

Anything with “hipster” attached is waywayway outside my price range πŸ˜€

2. icanhasanimlols

/  January 31, 2013

There you go again Sunovawot, gave me another new word to look up. Thanks! I love this one, “so I’ll sit and eat those wasted words”, oh man I have been there. When will I ever learn not to cast pearles before swine?

Hipster eyeware Damommza, and ironical at that? Wooeee, now that is way outside of my concept of life! I am soooooo glad that I got away from big city living. Now that I have lived this long in the quiet (mostly) countryside, I don’t think I could ever go back. This much quiet broken only by nature’s sounds (mostly) seeps into your soul.

• Thank you πŸ˜€ As with many of my poems. the first line popped whole into my head, although originally as “shooting shibboleths”, and intrigued me enough to want to do something with it πŸ˜€
      I was brought up in small places, with countryside on the doorstep, but have spent most of my life in cities, everything’s local, and anonimity is much easier to find where you can get lost in the crowd πŸ˜‰ 😎 πŸ˜€

/  January 31, 2013

Oh, icanhasanimlol..so MUCH ironic hipster eyewear and practiced disinterest..funny how the cloak of individuality becomes the uniform of the masses when everyone looks the same. I live in the country but can be in the heart of the city in under two hours and when I am in one..I long for the other… πŸ˜€

3. icanhasanimlols

/  January 31, 2013

I do understand about the city’s offer of anonimity. I moved from N.O., a lax and uh, permissive city. And ended up settling (for various reasons) in the backwoods of the bible belt AND in a dry county! Anyway, I have been here for just over 20 years and am just now meeting people in “Town” 4 miles away. I stay to myself and mind my own business and enjoy my quiet life. But when I go home, I slip back into the city mode of anonimity and kill or be killedhile driving! (Nah, that is an over exaggeration (sp?). It isn’t that bad.)

Dammomza, I have always been pretty backward and ignorant about fashion and fashionability. And now that I am a dinosaur, I am REALLY outta da loop in those terms. Maybe that is why I feel comfortable here. No one dresses up until they go to church and since I don’t, I don’t have to worry about fashion. My biggest “fashion” worry is finding work boots that fit and are comfortable enough to get me through big projects.

I appreciate our conversations so much. Thanks!

/  February 1, 2013

The best part of sun’s block is that you never have to dress! *whissspurrrs*…manee tymes ai iz waring jammies adn haz “catonlap”…. πŸ˜€

• We don’t have anything similar to your “dry counties” here, and I never would have moved to one if we did πŸ˜€ I don’t think I could go back to a small town / village set up now, apart from the anonimity, I don’t have a vehicle and I don’t do public transport, but here everything I need is within comfortable walking distance πŸ˜€

/  February 1, 2013

HA!!! “sun’s BLOG” *chuckle…freakin’ spellcheck”

5. icanhasanimlols

/  February 1, 2013

Well Damommza, since I am trying to live with lupus, any amount of sun block sounds mos wunnermuss an fankees fa sennnin sum mi wai! Anna ai wushez ai habz a snorggle kitteh ta snorggle. Snorrgling iz da esssssensennsssesss ob da unniberse!

Ai habs ta agwee, de concept ob “dwy”/kno alkiholz iz jus uncibilllized!1!! But(!) don wowwy, wi habz owr waiz ob obtainin a sufffffient amountz ta keepz uz content an happitailols. Anna ai wisssehz dat wi habz eben publikz twanpertashun. Tingz hear n dis pwart ob TX iz berryberry faw apawt.

/  February 1, 2013

*sends icanhasanimlols sun screen, umbrella, portable tent and “sky cloudy spray” to get rid of some of that pesky sunlight to help you! πŸ˜€ I’ve never been to Texas but I may be driving to California later this year and will wave as I pass through! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

6. icanhasanimlols

/  February 1, 2013

Ooooopz! Ai nawt meennin ta compwain, ai haz chooozen dis lyfe anna ai lubslubslubs eet!

• That one has chosen something doesn’t mean there are not aspects that irritate. And besides, the occasional complaint is gudgudgud for you πŸ˜€

7. icanhasanimlols

/  February 1, 2013

O sunovawot, yesh dere b irritashuns heer – lyke ebberware else. De majority ob opinininonions heer r leenin ober dat clifff to yer lefffttt. Maibe dat iz annuzzr raisin ai staiz ta miseff. Ai dun’t wanna b burnified atta da stak az da heritic dat ai yam. Oooh yamz! Yamz r gudgudgud! R wi habbin yamz fr lunsh?

• I don’t think there is anywhere that doesn’t have it’s downsides, but as long as the positives sufficiently outweigh the negatives… πŸ˜€
      As for heretics, in TTI we are not that hot on burning them, we’d probably end up having to burn half the population, and I don’t think we’ve got that much wood πŸ˜€

8. icanhasanimlols

/  February 1, 2013

An fankees Damommza fr da halps wit mi avershun 2 da sun (sowwy sunovawot, ai nawt meen U!). Anna ai habz a fawt dat sincz ai lubs been aowtsid mos ob da tym anna NASA retyrd da shuttle pwogwam, dey mai habs sum lefober spaic suutz dat ai kin haz? Dat wai ai cud wurk inna da yawd anna go to da aowtsid wurld inna da summa an inna aireconditshun 2! An den dere iz dat hole goin ta da batrum ting………