glory

they tell me that this is a time for heroes
a time to take up arms against the foe
they tell me when the battle hymns are playing
it’s time to gird my loins up and go
they tell me that the people will be watching
and in the battle bravery will thrive
they tell me that my death will bring me glory
but bugger that I’d rather be alive

1. I prefer dat u b alive, too. {{{sonuvawot}}}}

2. Not interested in being one of “The Glorious Dead”? (on the London Cenotaph)

..nor me πŸ˜‰

/  April 23, 2013

This sounds like a song that is sung as men march off to battle and in their head they acknowledge that they really would rather NOT be one of the “Glorious Dead”. Makes you stop and think about all of that sabre rattling going on… Very good!

• I’ve never had a problem with sabre rattling, it’s the idea of someone poking me with one that I object to πŸ˜€

4. abikertoo

/  April 24, 2013

Izz sum kawmeun seyns goeyun awn heeyr, nawt weuntz tew jeump iyun fareunt ub teh kannyun adn bee smivveureenud tew peesus inna sekkynd, izz yewzun deh braeyniyum foar ae beyddr aideeyuh dayun dayut!!

5. As far as the saber rattling goes, my grandmother had a saying to her young children:

“Puppy play leads to puppy fights!”

Remind you of any world leaders?

6. I’ve been thinking of you a lot lately, wondering how you are doing…hazza worried cuz ov all teh messin round wiv munnies they are doin rite nao…hopin yu iz OK. Schmooz

• (I iz/wuz CatMadinWestYorkshire)

• And I have been wondering how you are, good I hope πŸ˜€
      I’m mostly fine, in the process of being processed, about which they take their own sweet time, but no definitive no, yet πŸ™‚ {{{ex-CMiWY, now Judi}}}

7. icanhasanimlols

/  April 30, 2013

Judi, I don’t think we have met but I am happy to meet you! I have to confess that I read your name as “CatMadaminWestYorkshire”. Hmmm, kinda gives one pause. My almost non-existant bwain, let me show you eet!